The strategic planning process is key for SQA to develop a vision of where it will be in the future and determining the best ways to turn that vision into reality. The SQA Board of Directors has developed detailed plans to lead the society and best serve SQA members.
Society of Quality Assurance Strategic Plan Goals and Objective
with recommendations from the Board of Directors for ownership
SQA is a professional membership organization dedicated to promoting and advancing the ethics, principles, and knowledge of quality assurance essential to human, animal and environmental health.
A world with safe and effective biologics, chemicals, drugs, and medical devices for humans, animals, and the environment.
Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives as of 18 January 2019
- Provide an international forum for exchange and dissemination of information and knowledge pertaining to quality assurance.
- Objective 1A: Increase partnerships and strengthen relationships with international QA organizations and professionals.
- Objective 1B: Foster development of QA professionals from regions not otherwise represented by a national or regional QA society.
- Objective 1C: Foster the outreach program for individuals living in low and middle income countries as designated by the World Bank.
- Objective 1D: Provide education and training for QA professionals
- Advance the quality assurance profession.
- Objective 2A: Facilitate interactions with governmental organizations and their representation.
- Objective 2B: Facilitate interactions with academia.
- Objective 2C: Facilitate interactions with industry.
- Objective 2D: Facilitate interactions with
professional societies that share the SQA goals of advancing the ethics, principles, and knowledge of quality assurance essential to human, animal and environmental health.
- Objective 2E: Promote the RQAP program globally.
- Objective 2F: Promote professional publications.
- Objective 2G: Provide opportunities for career development.
- Objective 2H: Promote honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior in the quality assurance profession.
- Promote industry perspective and awareness of global regulatory issues that affect our professional and business communities.
Objective 3A: Initiate discussion, educational opportunities and publications.
- Objective 3B: Engage with legislative and governmental bodies and collaborative organizations to
promote compliance in regulated studies (e.g., RRT).
Identify and develop new leaders by providing them with the appropriate skills and support to take on SQA leadership roles.
- Objective 4A: Develop resources to increase leadership and volunteer engagement.
- Objective 4B: Support the development of mid-career members.
- Objective 4C: Support the development of and recognize first steps into leadership.
- Objective 4D: Provide more opportunities for early career development.
- Objective 4E: Increase the amount of advanced educational content.
- Strengthen SQA’s structure, operations and communications to better serve a growing and developing
- Objective 5A: Communicate SQA’s structure and operations to the membership.
- Objective 5B: Increase participation in the Annual Meeting.
- Objective 5C: Increase participation in the Regional Chapters, Specialty Sections and other meetings.
- Objective 5D: Increase the use of technology tools in education and training and to enhance overall SQA operations.
- Objective 5E: Increase the quality of the SQA publications.
- Objective 5F: Increase the number of Registered Quality Assurance Professionals.
- Objective 5G: Strengthen the financial stewardship program.
- Objective 5H: Expand the SQA membership.
- Objective 5I: Record, preserve, and present the history of SQA.
Strategic Plan with Responsibilities Chart and SWOT Analysis